What is an Assessment?
An assessment is a clinical interview to determine what type of mental or behavioral health services will be most appropriate for the patient. During the assessment, past medical and mental health history will be reviewed. Family or friends can be supportive in the process and are welcome to attend. Once the assessment is completed, we collaborate with our team of mental health professionals to determine a recommendation for care.
How to Schedule an Assessment
Anyone can contact us for information on scheduling an assessment. A friend, family member, referring professional, or the patient should call to explore options. The assessment will be completely confidential. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with questions.
Reasons to Schedule an Assessment
When a mental health concern is causing difficulty or a disruption at school, work, or home, please contact us. Seek help immediately if any of the following are involved:
• Suicidal or Homicidal Thoughts
• Severe Depression
• Debilitating Anxiety
• Psychosis & Hallucinations or Delusion
Admissions at Eagle View Behavioral Health
A loved one suffering from a mental health crisis can be emotionally taxing. Eagle View is dedicated to making the admissions process as seamless and simple as possible. Our team of mental health professionals are trained in the assessment and diagnosis of psychiatric disorders. With years of experience in caring for patients in crisis, our team will walk you through the process.
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR AN ASSESSMENT:
- Insurance card
- Medical history
- Medication list
- Previous psychiatric history
- ID card or social security card
- Most current psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Psychiatric assessment as well as a history and physical from an inpatient hospital setting
WHAT ITEMS ARE PATIENTS ALLOWED TO BRING TO TREATMENT?
- Some recommended items are: tennis or running shoes, an extra pair of shoes or flip-flops.
- The patient also needs 3 of each of the following: shirts, pants, shorts and undergarments (drawstrings, shoe laces, underwires, etc. will need to be removed from items to be allowed on the units).
- No personal electronic devices are allowed, such as cell phones, handheld gaming devices or other personal electronics.
- Hygiene products are provided, however we do not allow perfume, cologne, makeup, hair dryers, curling irons or razors in the facility.
*Try to bring at least two weeks’ worth of clothing.
**Yes, you can do laundry. We have washers and dryers on campus that are used by all residents.